2014 horror film “Honeyspider” is a delightfully retro 80’s style slasher flick. In the same vein as classics like “Halloween,” “A Nightmare on Elm Street,” and “Child’s Play,” it’s got the right mix of suspense, style, and camp. Recently released on home video, “Honeyspider” remains a throwback both on and off the screen. Not only has the film been graced with a DVD release, but there’s a special edition VHS as well, completing the retro vibe.
Only 100 copies are available, with 69 black, and 31 blood-splattered white tapes. In addition, there’s a slew of included goodies like a digital soundtrack and “Honeyspider” button.
Check out the official press release below, and go snag your DVD, VHS, or both here.
The critically acclaimed independent horror feature film ‘HONEYSPIDER,’ and winner of “Best Horror” at the 2015 Mad Monster Film Festival, hits shelves just in time for Halloween on OCTOBER 6TH. You can pre-order the DVD now on Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Rakuten.com, CdUniverse.com, DeepDiscount.com, BrainDamageFilms.com & MORE!
HONEYSPIDER has teamed up with Vultra Video to release the film on Limited Edition VHS!!! Only 100 tapes are available and the package is killer – this is a must have for any collector! See below for complete details and pre-order your copy NOW at the official Myers House NC store –http://myershousenc.storenvy.com (this is the ONLY place you can buy the VHS).
HONEYSPIDER LIMITED EDITION VHS:
• LIMITED TO 100 (69 BLACK TAPES & 31 BLOOD SPLATTERED WHITE TAPES)
• HAND-NUMBERED SLEEVE
• HONEYSPIDER DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK
• 11×17 ‘SLEEPOVER SLAUGHTERHOUSE III’ POSTER
• AUTOGRAPHED HONEYSPIDER PROMO CARD (SIGNED BY JOSH HASTY, KENNY CAPERTON & MARIAH BROWN)
• HONEYSPIDER 1” BUTTON
• NEON GREEN “HORROR” DOT STICKER 4-PACK TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR VHS BOX
• VULTRA VIDEO STICKER
HONEYSPIDER is a cult throwback film that takes place in 1989 on Halloween day and follows college student Jackie Blue as she slowly unravels, all while a mysterious stranger watches over her every move. HONEYSPIDER is written and produced by Kenny Caperton (‘Deviling,’ ‘All Hallows Evil: Lord of the Harvest,’ and owner of the infamous Myers House NC) and directed by Josh Hasty (Rob Zombie’s ‘31’ documentary) of Paramount Scope. The film stars Frank Aard (‘April Fool’s Day’ remake), Joan Schuermeyer (‘Zombieland’ and RZ’s ‘Halloween 2’), Rachel Jeffreys, Samantha Mills (‘Bombshell Bloodbath’) and Mariah Brown.
HONEYSPIDER Plot Synopsis:
It’s Halloween day in 1989 and college student Jackie Blue wants to enjoy a quiet birthday in the midst of a chaotic semester at school. Her friend Amber has other ideas and persuades Jackie to come to the annual Monster Mash party on campus after her shift at the local movie theater. As murder plays out on the silver screen during the theater’s Halloween night Horrorthon, Jackie falls under a strange spell, all while a mysterious stranger watches over her every move. As the night unfolds, Jackie slowly unravels and everyone around her is turning up dead. Jackie finds herself helplessly trapped like prey in a spider’s web, and all she can do is try to survive the night!
• “HONEYSPIDER is destined to become a great little Halloween classic.” ~Horror-Movies.ca
• “HONEYSPIDER is the throw back horror movie that genre fans have been begging for, an original and lovingly crafted exploration into evil, bathed in the sweet honey that is Halloween night.” ~Halloween Daily News
• “Everything visually embodies the holiday in a way we haven’t seen in the last couple of decades – ‘Trick ‘r Treat’ being the exception.” ~PopcornHorror.com
• “HONEYSPIDER gives us the movie within a movie “Sleepover Slaughterhouse Part 3,″ which is probably the best parody of the 80s slasher genre I’ve ever seen.” ~HorrorNews.net
• “I can see HONEYSPIDER becoming a cult classic, a sort of Halloween must watch every year movie!” ~HorrorInsideTheBox.com
• “HONEYSPIDER serves as a rejuvenation of classic late 70’s, early 80’s films, and it is masterfully executed.” ~Examiner.com
• “Horror fans looking for that classic horror vibe that many of today’s films have lost need to check out HONEYSPIDER. It’s one of those films you will want to watch every year on Halloween.” ~HorrorNewsNetwork.net
• “HONEYSPIDER is an original, innovative, and refreshing take on the horror genre that pays its respects to the past while ambitiously looking forward to the future.” ~Nerd Nation Magazine
• “It was like I was watching what every horror film should be. Considering production budgets, the film is a technical masterwork.” ~Joe Young (IMDb reviewer)
• “HONEYSPIDER is fresh, highly ambitious, infectious, mysterious, and genuinely frightening at times. The film is oozing around the edges with creativity and devoted participants.” ~KRSJRProductions.com